The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:47pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre output data dump/all calculations (Read 876 times)
JayOcad

Spectre output data dump/all calculations
Nov 12th, 2015, 7:53pm

I was wondering how I could access every calculation/datapoint that spectre calculates at every time step, or is that not possible?  I tried looking through the simulation data folders in both "psf" and "netlist" which has "spectre.out" but that file doesn't have every calculation made by spectre.   Tried googling and looking through manual and didn't find anything yet so thought I'd ask on here, thanks for the help/pointers!

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Spectre output data dump/all calculations
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2015, 1:37pm

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Does "every calculation" mean all the calculations in all the equations in every device model?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
JayOcad

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2015, 2:10pm

Yeah, all calculation from all the equations in every device model, sorry for being vague or if this is naive question.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2016, 5:07am

I can't imagine any simulator giving you all that information, because it would make the simulation run very slowly: after every calculation, it would have to write to the file.  (The BSIM models, and perhaps most models that came from Spice originally, reuse temporary variables T0, T1, ... so you can't write the values all at once.)

If you had Verilog-A code for all the models, you could go through and add $debug statements after every calculation.  This would be tedious, and you would get a lot of information that you probably wouldn't want.  I know when I'm trying to debug a calculation, I put in a couple print statements at a time, and then shift them to narrow down the problem.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.