The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 8:45am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
controllable value (Read 2035 times)
schaedel

controllable value
Oct 24th, 2013, 4:28am

Hi,

its a long time ago, when i had to use SPICE in school. I WAS able to do things like this. I remember that it wasn't very difficult.

For Simulation i want to control a value (i.e. capacity or resitance) with another input-signal. the paths should be independent. there should only be a control-input (two terminals) an two terminals where between the resistor/capacitor with the controlled value gets connected.

shame on me... everything is forgotten  :-[

Thank you for your Help.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: controllable value
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2013, 4:55am

This probably depends a bit on the simulator you're using, but spectre has a parameter type on its vccs component. You can make the controlled source a voltage controlled resistor or a voltage controlled capacitor (for example). See spectre -h vccs for more detail. Other SPICE simulators also support similar controlled resistors or capacitors, from memory.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.