The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 8:59pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Resuming transient simulation in Spectre (Read 5159 times)
Faisal
Community Member

Resuming transient simulation in Spectre
Aug 08th, 2007, 8:04am

Hi,

How can I resume my transient simulation in Spectre? e.g. Suppose I stopped my simulation for some reason at 10ms and now I want to continue from same point in time till 20ms (instead of starting from 10ms to 20ms)

Fas

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Resuming transient simulation in Spectre
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2007, 8:17am

by default transient simulation will save checkpoints which are spaced 1800 seconds apart (this can be changed by setting the "saveclock" transient option). If the checkpoint file exists, then you can run from that point by setting recover on (in ADE under Setup->environment->recover) or spectre option -recover.

do spectre -h
or spectre -h tran
or refer to the spectre manual for more information.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Resuming transient simulation in Spectre
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2007, 2:04pm

Better still use the capability in recent versions of spectre (I think it was introduced in MMSIM61, although it may have been MMSIM60) to save "state". There are a number of options to the tran analysis which allow you to specify times to save the state, or the wall clock period to save the state (similar to the checkpoint options that Alan suggested). As  with checkpoint, these may be recovered using the recover options.

The benefit is that this saves a complete state, and tends to be more robust in restarting.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.