The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Models in Minutes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Nov 20th, 2018, 1:37pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reference effect on PLL PN (Read 111 times)
Farzaneh

Reference effect on PLL PN
Nov 02nd, 2018, 7:51am

Hi,
I followed Ken's paper "Predicting the Phase Noise and Jitter of PLL-Based Frequency Synthesizer" to simulate the PN of PLL. I also imported my data to Matlab. The problem is that the PN that I got from Matlab is like my open loop VCO and when I remove or add reference jitter the PN is same. I also tried it for the example at the end of paper, in this case the PN is like PLL PN but when I remove reference jitter, again there is no difference. what the problem is?

Farzaneh

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

The Spectre

Silicon Valley
Re: Reference effect on PLL PN
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2018, 9:57pm

Is it possible that the other sources of noise are dominating over the noise from the reference.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Farzaneh

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2018, 10:05pm

No, because only VCO and reference have noise and my PFD/CP isn't noisy. My blocks are exactly same as example at the end of paper and I only change the values with my values.

Farzaneh

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

The Spectre

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2018, 11:38pm

Why didn't you also turn off the noise in the VCO as well?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2018 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora, Inform and QuantiPhy.