The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Models in Minutes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Sep 18th, 2018, 6:36pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Broadband Circuit Transmission Line Modeling in  Spectre (Read 63 times)
repah

Broadband Circuit Transmission Line Modeling in  Spectre
Sep 09th, 2018, 6:39pm

Hello,

I am designing broadband circuits in Cadence Virtuoso/Spectre and modeling the transmission lines in an EM solver and importing the S Parameters.

My circuits are broadband over - say 0-40 GHz.

My question - can I use the S Parameters from the EM solver (touchstone) using an n port in Virtuoso/Spectre and run transient analysis in Cadence Virtuoso/Spectre to see - say eye diagrams ?

What issues will I face ?  Can I use the n port for transient analysis ?

Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Re: Broadband Circuit Transmission Line Modeling in  Spectre
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2018, 6:26am

Hi,

Yes you can use n-port for transient analysis. Look out for interpolation methods, rational order etc. Last I heard there is a new method called BBSPICE(broad band spice) available for interpolation.

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Broadband Circuit Transmission Line Modeling in  Spectre
Reply #2 - Yesterday at 2:27am

Take a look at https://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionN.... In most cases, the BBSPICE method works best.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2018 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora, Inform and QuantiPhy.