The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:56am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADE-L spectre simulation can't stop (Read 2184 times)
xiaoli

ADE-L spectre simulation can't stop
Sep 03rd, 2018, 11:48pm

I use virtuoso6.1.7. Just try a simple testbench tran using spectre.
simulation covers very fast 100%, but simulation pauses at writing information into some rawfile.
at this time, I can plot any voltage in the circuit, but I can't start a new test due to the above unfinished simulation.

aaa_001.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: ADE-L spectre simulation can't stop
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2018, 11:56am

I've not seen this. I suggest you contact Cadence support at http://support.cadence.com - might be worth updating to the latest IC617 hotfix version and simulator hotfix version too (probably SPECTRE17.1) just in case it's a known issue that's been resolved in the meantime.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2018, 8:12am

You could try commenting out (or deleting) the info lines that request the subckt info. I don't use ADE, so I'm not sure where in the menus/dialogs you find the check-box to un-check to avoid this; I use Spectre at the command line so I can edit the netlist directly.

You should also check that you're not running out of disk space (though I would think Spectre would tell you if this were the problem).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2018, 11:10am

You can turn this off via the Save->All form. However, contacting Cadence customer support is the right thing to do because it indicates a problem that needs to be addressed.

Regards.

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.