The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Models in Minutes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Aug 14th, 2018, 8:50pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jitter from specreRF pnoise (Read 37 times)
dkumar

chennai
Jitter from specreRF pnoise
Aug 06th, 2018, 1:42pm

Hi All,

I am sure this topic has been beaten to death, but here I am again asking the same question.

I have a very simple clock receiver - a simple open loop diff-pair followed by some inverters. ( I assume this would be called driven circuit). It receives a sinusoid of 2.4GHz of 200mV amplitude and gives a squarewave (rail to rail) of 2.4GHz.

I need to calculate the jitter of the output square wave. I used PSS and Pnoise analysis. In pnoise form I used 'timeaverage'.

Not the question is: When i check the result in direct plot from for pnoise, I can plot the output noise in dBc/Hz, dBV/Hz, V**2/Hz and V/sr(Hz).

I want to find jitter by integrating this phase noise.

1. In dBc/Hz plot, what is the career? Is it the input sinewave at 200mV or the output square wave at VDD?

2. I have to integrate the phase noise from dc to 1.2GHz. I do not think I can integrate dBc/Hz plot as it is in log scale. If I integrate V**2/Hz plot, I lose the information of career. What should I do to accomplish this integration?

Please help!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2018 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora, Inform and QuantiPhy.