The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to compile kspice as console? (Read 2392 times)
AndrzejB

How to compile kspice as console?
Jul 21st, 2018, 3:46am

I want compile it with console under Windows.
If I remove #define WANT_MFB it compiles but in
Code:
Input(request, response)
    REQUEST *request;
    RESPONSE *response;
{

(*(dispdev->Input))(request, response);

}

dispdev is null.
If I enable WANT_MFB it wants grapics ->#include <graph.h>

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: How to compile kspice as console?
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2018, 6:53am

I've never heard of kspice (and a search of this forum shows no hits other than this post).

Isn't there a support page or forum for kspice where you got the source code from?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2018, 7:55am

My guess is that you encounter massive issues because either the compiler is too old for an actual machine or the machine/OS is too young for the compiler.

Typical if you are interessted in such old SW you need a stack old HW/OS to play with historic programms.

"KSPICE is a circuit simulator based on SPICE3E2, with improved transient analysis of lossy transmission lines. Unlike SPICE3, which uses the state-based approach to simulate lossy transmission lines, KSPICE simulates lossy transmission lines and coupled multiconductor line systems using the recursive convolution method. The impulse response of an arbitrary transfer function can be determined by deriving a recursive convolution from the Pade approximations of the function. We use this approach for simulating each transmission line's characteristics and each multiconductor line's modal functions. This method of lossy transmission line simulation has proven to give a speedup of one to two orders of magnitude over SPICE3E"

View Profile   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2018, 4:09pm

I am not shure if KSpice provide an additional different implementation method for lossy TL to 3G5.

I only found that in LTSpice there are undocumented model and it seems that also NGSpice have some codes similar KSpice.

"The undocumented CPL is a KSPICE-like element, which in theory should be similar to the RLGC model, but without frequency dependent loss (neither skin effect and nor frequency dependent dielectric loss).  It also has at least one bug causing an incorrect output voltage offset (a workaround is to only use signals with no dc offset)."

http://ltwiki.org/?title=Undocumented_LTspice

"CPL     - Simple Coupled Multiconductor Lines (Kspice)
       Initial Release.
       Ver:    N/A
       Class:  P
       Level:  1 (and only)
       Dir:    devices/cpl

This model comes from swec and kspice. It is not documented, if
       you have kspice docs, can you write a short description
       of its use ?

- Does not implement parallel code switches
       - Probably a lot of memory leaks

Enhancements over the original model:

- Better integrated into ngspice adding CPLask, CPLmAsk and
       CPLunsetup functions
"
http://espice.ugr.es/espice/DEVICES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The approach is also interessting to me beside that I am off circuit simulator theory for nearly 3 decades. It could provide an interesting solution to multirate and retarding magnetic coupling for high-number-k netlists.

P.S. Sometime ago I got Solaris 2.6 running on sparc32-QEMU. But an old SUN is still more useable.

What was you compiler/OS/acrh?

View Profile   IP Logged
mhx

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2020, 12:30pm

[quote author=rf-design link=1532169994/0#3 date=1534892988] ... it seems that also NGSpice have some codes similar KSpice. ...

Yes, NGSPICE has the KSPICE transmission line models.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.