The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Models in Minutes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Jul 18th, 2018, 1:18pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S parameter artifacts in cadence (Read 56 times)
iVenky
Community Member

S parameter artifacts in cadence
Jul 07th, 2018, 11:53am

I am importing an s-parameter model of a specific block into cadence virtuoso. I see some kind of ringing in the transient simulations. Do you know how to get rid off these artifacts?

The road to wisdom is through hardwork, determination and sacrifice
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: S parameter artifacts in cadence
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2018, 9:56pm

How are you importing the s-parameters? I assume you mean that you're using the nport component in analogLib and simulating in spectre? If so, which spectre and IC version are you using, what is the source of the s-parameters (what do they represent) and knowing what the options specified on the nport would help (perhaps you can post the line in the spectre netlist containing the nport).

Having some idea of the range of frequency sample points in the s-parameter file, how they are spaced, and what the typical frequencies in your circuit are likely to be (including harmonics).

Sorry about the large number of questions, but you provided very little information to allow the issue to be diagnosed.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2018 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora, Inform and QuantiPhy.