The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why did the post-layout simulation result incorrectly (Read 1672 times)
nxthuan512

Why did the post-layout simulation result incorrectly
Jan 24th, 2018, 4:05pm

I am working on the full digital implementation using Synopsys/Cadence tools.

The implementation steps include: (1) Synthesized by Design compiler -> (2) Simulated netlist by VCS -> (3) Place&Route by IC Compiler -> (4) Simulated ICC file by VCS -> (5) DRC/LVS/Antenna check by Calibre -> (6) Simulated spice file of LVS by nanosim -> (7) Extracted C and RC by starrc -> (8) Simulated C extracted file by nanosim -> (9) Simulated RC extracted file by nanosim.

Steps (1) to (8) delivered correct results (log files) and waveform. However, the simulation results in step (9) was incorrect.

Could you please give some solutions for this problem, e.g. what step should I check again etc.

Thank you very much.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Why did the post-layout simulation result incorrectly
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2018, 8:45am

Perhaps you should trace the signals in the simulation that was "incorrect" (you didn't say how it was incorrect) to determine what is going on. One possibility is that the delays caused by the parasitics are long enough that it alters the timing in the circuit leading to logic errors (e.g. due to setup and hold violations, or glitches - there are a number of different failure mechanisms).

Just repeating a step is unlikely to fix anything...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.