The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:53am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to do AC simulation for constant on time buck converter in Simplis (Read 1640 times)
ttwwjj

How to do AC simulation for constant on time buck converter in Simplis
Jan 17th, 2018, 10:08pm

Hi gus,

I am trying to do the stability analysis for a V2 control constant on time buck converter. The attachment is the circuit I used. The only difference here is I don't have an Error Amp, instead, I connect Vref directly to the comparator.

I do the ordinary AC simulation, the result is kind of weird. There is double pole on LC resonance freq, which should not be the case for constant on time control. Also DC gain increases with inductor value, which doesn't make any sense.

I wonder ordinary AC simulation in Simplis is suitable for this kind of pseudo fixed freq circuit? Should I use Multi-Tone AC Analysis as they introduce on their website? Haven't try that since I don't have the DVM license.

BTW, is it convenient to do stability analysis in Spetre using PSS and PSTB? Looks like most people prefer Simplis.

Thanks

Screen_Shot_2018-01-17_at_9_54_16_PM.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.