The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fully differential amplifier (Read 2107 times)
Abhishek D

Fully differential amplifier
Jan 17th, 2018, 7:00am

I'm a final year B.Tech student. I'm need for the design of a two stage fully differential amplifier. Can somebody help in the design steps?
I've also attached the schematic for reference.
Thanks in advance  :)

ckt.PNG
View Profile   IP Logged
Tako
Community Member

Re: Fully differential amplifier
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2018, 5:24am

Hi!

Sorry for late reply.

If you have the schematic, please tell what the problem is? Why you do not simulate?

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2018, 1:35pm

You don't have a common mode feedback loop

View Profile   IP Logged
Clark

UK
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2018, 9:42am

Hi Abhishek,

I am assuming you have picked up this two stage diff amp schematic from some Analog Design book, and now you need help on how to size each and every transistor ? Possibly, you would also like to know which simulations to perform and how to perform them.

Before proceeding with design steps and understanding how to size each and every transistor you need to know specifications for your two stage diff amp. To name a few, differential gain, common mode gain, output swing, unity gain bandwidth, PSRR, slew rate , current consumption/power requirement. Having these specifications help you in sizing each transistor. Also, I strongly recommend, you have a clear understanding of which transistor influences which specification of your diff amp.

For instance, you differential gain is dependent on gm of your input differential pair etc.

If you have your specifications then mention them, or we can assume some arbitrary (yet realistic) specification for your diff amp and then proceed.

Also, I don't know for which type of simulation you have setup your testbench but I can see that you have AC component at only negative input. You need to have that at both the inputs for an AC simulation to measure gain (what most people look for when designing an amplifier).

-Clark.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.