The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Models in Minutes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Nov 21st, 2018, 3:35am
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
State-of-the-art speed for high-speed electrical channel (Read 474 times)
aguntuk

Dresden, Germany
State-of-the-art speed for high-speed electrical channel
Jan 15th, 2018, 5:27am

Hi,
I want to know about the state-of-the-art speed or the highest speed possible so far for the high-speed electrical channel (not optical links) which includes SERDES, etc.

I know about PCIe 3 and PCI5 is coming probably in 2019. Any other peripheral interconnects or channel from other companies (Xilinx, IBM..) which is the highest and implemented or in research level? I want to know which channels are among the highest speed which are implemented. Your help will be much appreciated...

View Profile   IP Logged
repah
Community Member

Re: State-of-the-art speed for high-speed electrical channel
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2018, 2:44pm

Read these two papers:

Historical Trends in Wireline Communications: 60? Improvement in Speed in 20 Years, Behzad Razavi

Looking to the Future: Projected Requirements for Wireline Communications Technology, Hirotaka Tamura

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2018 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora, Inform and QuantiPhy.