The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Dec 14th, 2017, 8:46am
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pss sweep with veriloga (Read 90 times)
eeBismarck

pss sweep with veriloga
Nov 20th, 2017, 5:00am

Q1
I am simulating an oscillator 24MHz with trimming (8-bit) ability. There is a variable called "TRIM_CODE" as decimal value in my test bench. I use a veriloga model to translate TRIM_CODE into binary code and connect them to my oscillator. Then I use pss to check frequency and some times it can't convergence.
Q2
TO solve convergence problem, I remove veriloga model, and make 8 vdc by setting 8 variable D7...D0 in global variable from TRIM_CODE by equations. It seems convergence problem solved, however, if I sweep TRIM_CODE in pss, the result doesn't change. Only default value of TRIM_CODE is calculated by pss.

Conclusion
I just want to know how I can sweep TRIM_CODE in pss without such strange problem ? Is there any one can help ?

Thanks !

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: pss sweep with veriloga
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2017, 7:48am

You should probably post the code for your veriloga model; I can think of a couple ways you might be converting a design variable to binary.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: pss sweep with veriloga
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2017, 5:30pm

eeBismark,

Not sure I understand what you are saying in Q2. It seems like you
are saying that you are tuning the oscillator during a PSS simulation.
In that case, there would be multiple steady-state solutions, one for
each sweep value. Not sure that this use model will work.

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2014 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: Avendesora and QuantiPhy.