The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:16am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Open Loop Opamp Hysteresis (Read 1259 times)
DanielLam
Community Member

Open Loop Opamp Hysteresis
Oct 31st, 2017, 7:01pm

Hi everybody,

I'm sweeping the open-loop characteristic of a 2-stage opamp (measured, not simulated), and I'm noticing about a 0.2 mV hysteresis. That is, the offset changes by about 0.2 mV depending if I start with a positive voltage or if I start with a negative voltage.

Has anyone experienced this? I also noticed the open-loop curve doesn't look exactly like the textbook symmetric inverse tan function. If I start with a positive voltage, the output will slowly go down (like the inverse tan), but then step down to the negative rail. Similar characteristic if I start from a negative voltage.

Regards,
Daniel Lam

View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: Open Loop Opamp Hysteresis
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2017, 11:37am

Do you run a DC or a transient sweep? How big is your step? Have you checked all the simulatied points (i.e. do not just simply look at the lines in the waveform, but all the points simulated). Maybe it is just one step error. (Can't explain why would it be the case, but I would forgive one step, i.e. 1LSB to the simulator)

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.