The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SRAM design for external EEPROM (Read 49 times)
kocchop

Bangladesh
SRAM design for external EEPROM
Oct 20th, 2017, 1:30pm

Hello everyone,

I am trying to design a mixed signal chip and in the chip I need to store a look up table data not more than 256 bytes. And there should be a way to change these look up table values. So I was thinking of designing an EEPROM. But soon I found out that the pdk I am using does not provide rom designing capability. The best I can do is to design SRAMs. So I have decided to use an external rom like 24C02/04 and load the data to the SRAM while the chip is starting. But I have never worked with memory designing before. So, I am kind of at a loss on how to do it.

Using micro-controllers I can write the LUT data to the rom. But I am wondering how would I load this data to the SRAM? What extra circuitry do I need to do that? Do I have to incorporate those inside the chip or I can do it from the outside? Most importantly what should I keep in mind while designing the SRAM for this purpose?

I would be highly grateful for your kind reply. Thanks in advance... Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.