The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:57am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LNA sensitivity and measurements (Read 1036 times)
DER19

LNA sensitivity and measurements
Oct 07th, 2017, 1:04am

Hello All,
I designed a Low noise Amplifier for 2-4 GHz and measured it well with a signal from signal generator of same input frequency. I wanted to report it as the LNA for S band. But some one said that since in this band bluetooth also exists then this LNA should be tested for bluetooth input signal which can have a small power of e.g.-50 dbm or below but i tested and reported it for -20 dBm.

Now the question is
1)Is it ok to simply say at the basis of operating frequency only e.g. 2.4 GHz that the LNA will work for bluetooth.

2)Usullay LNAs reported in paper are simulated and tested at -20dbm input power .Then still they claim that e.g. it can work on GSM for example.But in reality GSM signals received are as low as -75dbm. We do not even do power sweep analysis until this range. Iagain is it ok to say GSM LNA on the frequqnecy basis only?

3. Why ACRR adjacent channel rejection ratio is not reported for LNAs?

The answers to these questions are required urgently please.

Regards,\Dan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.