The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Nov 19th, 2017, 4:30am
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Class E amplifier (Read 195 times)
atifnawaz08

Germany
Class E amplifier
Sep 12th, 2017, 6:28am

Hello, I am trying to design a class E amplifier for inductive data coupling. I designed it for 150u Watts of Output power. I am using 130nm UMC process. The waveform for voltage through transister has many  harmonics. I want to get a nice class E waveform. Can anyone guide me where may be the Problem and what can I do to deal with it? Attached is a screenshot of the waveform. M1/D and net 3 are the voltage and current through the transister while R0/plus is the load current.

Unbenannt3.PNG
View Profile atifnawaz08   IP Logged
Horror Vacui
Community Member

Re: Class E amplifier
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2017, 12:15pm

Though I had only cursory readings about Class-E amps, but the series LC at the output should filter out the unintended harmonics.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2014 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: QuantiPhy.