The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:55pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Evaluating PSD of Opamp/Data Converter in MATLAB from Cadence Spectre (Read 1721 times)
repah
Community Member

Evaluating PSD of Opamp/Data Converter in MATLAB from Cadence Spectre
Sep 10th, 2017, 2:08pm

Hello,

I am designing various opamps and data converters in Cadence Spectre and would like to use MATLAB to generate Power Spectrum Density (PSD) plots of them.

I do not have the Cadence MATLAB toolbox installed and would like to do this without the toolbox.

Do I expert the traces directly out as .csv files and then process them in MATLAB to generate the associated PSDs ?

Is there another way ?  Any direction or help or advice regarding this would be helpful - or a tutorial.

I am designing a Discrete Time Sigma Delta Modulator and would like to check the PSD of my opamps, system simulations of the converter and the transistor level converter also.  I am looking to compare the associated PSDs of all of these associated configurations.

Thank you!

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Evaluating PSD of Opamp/Data Converter in MATLAB from Cadence Spectre
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2017, 3:36am

The same question was asked (and answered) here: https://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/92/t/37726

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.