The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:32pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calibre, LVS, new layer (Read 2404 times)
balshoy

USA
Calibre, LVS, new layer
Jun 19th, 2017, 10:30am

greetings,

I am currently integrating a new layer for a device (memristor) into calibre LVS. I is a two terminal device with pins p and n. in the LVS. layers file, I defined the layer "RR" representing the memrsitor device and in the extraction file I wrote:

DEVICE memr (memr) RR M1(n) M2(p)
knowing that memr is the name of the model file. p and n are labels on the M2 and M1 layers repectively
The LVS gives me an error indicating that it cannot establish mask connectivity for layer M1. of course if I swap M1 and M2 in the DEVICE statement, the same error arises for M2.
I then added another connect statement to short M1 and M2 with RR:
CONNECT M1 M2 BY RR
DEVICE memr (memr) RR M1(n) M2(p)

when I added this statment, it indicates no matching subckt for memr in the src.net file. And, of course, when I look at the spice netlist, I find the memr device shorted and says no subckt.

Can someone help resolve that issue?
thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Maks
Community Member

San Jose
Re: Calibre, LVS, new layer
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2017, 12:06am

How did you define (derive) layers M1 and M2?

M1 and M2 layers , in your case, should contain (derived or drawn) shapes defining the terminals of the device.

Max

View Profile   IP Logged
ajithkv

Re: Calibre, LVS, new layer
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2024, 8:36am

Don't you need a contact layer to connect the resistor to M1?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.