The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Oct 23rd, 2017, 3:44pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Issue with runams generating netlist (Read 376 times)
AMS_ei
Community Member

Issue with runams generating netlist
Jun 09th, 2017, 3:31pm

Hi,

I am trying to generate netlist using "runams" script.
The netlist is generated successfully but some of the instances have ports binding by order ( not by name).
I am using the following command to generate  a netlist:

runams -lib <lib_name> -cell <cell_name> -view config -netlist -rundir top_run

Is there any other option that I am missing here to generate the netlist in which all the instances will have port binding by name ( not by order)?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

View Profile   IP Logged
AMS_ei
Community Member

Re: Issue with runams generating netlist
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2017, 12:03am

Hi,

When I use ADE-L and generate the netlist usign irun, the generated netlist has port binding by name, which is correct.

Is there any other option to pass through runams that I can generate the same netlist which I have generated using ADE-L using irun?

Also, during this netlist generation, I am looking for .amsbind.scs file.

Can anyone please help me out here.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Issue with runams generating netlist
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2017, 9:14am

I wouldn't expect the naming to be different. One reason might be that you have something in your .simrc which is affecting the defaults?

You can pass -state to give it the ADE state.

The .amsbind.scs should be present in the netlist subdirectory underneath the run directory (passed with -rundir) assuming that the netlist assembly succeeded.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2014 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: QuantiPhy.