The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:47pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dynanic Load-line concept in MMIC PA design. (Read 2755 times)
SantoS_Nano

Dynanic Load-line concept in MMIC PA design.
Jun 01st, 2017, 1:57am

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the concept of "dynamic load line of a FET/HEMT". But I couldn't get related information from internet.

I know how to plot Dynamic load line in AWR MWO Tool, But i can not analyze the plot.

Could you please, explain the significance of checking Dynamic load line while working with MMIC PA design?

And Please provide me the related literature.

Thanks  :) & Regards,
G. Santosh Kumar,
Engineer.

View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: Dynanic Load-line concept in MMIC PA design.
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2017, 12:36am

Hi,

Is there a difference between load line and dynamic load line in PAs? Does dynamic refer to large signal behaviour? Never designed an RF PA before, but dynamic often just a hollow fancy name to sell something which already existed in a similar form.

I assume that you know why reflection or conjugate matching is not enough for a PA. Here comes the load line into play.

Otherwise there must be some reference where you encountered with this phrase. It is strange that PA textbooks or even IEEE articles are of no help.

Wish you good luck!

View Profile   IP Logged
SantoS_Nano

Re: Dynanic Load-line concept in MMIC PA design.
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2017, 10:48pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do know the role of DC load line in PA design (for bias point and max power).
Yes, Dynamic refers to the large signal behaviour of load line. (Kindly find in attachments.). And it is the plot of drain currents and voltages of FET w.r.t. to Freq and input power.
I have been searching for the literature to understand attached plot.

Regards,
Santosh

Dynamic_loadline.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.