The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pss and pac analysis for chopper stabilized op-amp (Read 67 times)
rames

pss and pac analysis for chopper stabilized op-amp
May 25th, 2017, 12:04am

Hello,
I am trying to simulate a chopper stabilized op-amp (Single output: Vout and differential input: Vi1, Vi2) in Cadence Virtuoso (PSS + PAC analyses), and seeing the output node and frequency response in rage of 1 Hz to 1K Hz.
I set the analysis parameters as shown in figures and start the simulation.  After that it reported "Nil-Nil" error. I try these equations in setting outputs to plot output node and frequency response:

output node => ( (v ("/Vout")) : pss) (V)
frequency response => dB20( harmonic( v("/Vout" ?result "pac") 0) / (harmonic(v("/Vin1" ?result "pac") 0) - harmonic(v("/Vin2" ?result "pac") 0)))

But i think somewhere i made a mistake. Could you please help me?
Thanks in advence

PssPac.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: pss and pac analysis for chopper stabilized op-amp
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2017, 2:00am

Your set up looks okay to me. By simply specifying you encountered a Nil-Nil error, you have robbed the message of all its context. It would be good to show it so we can determine ...

1. What is printing the message? Is it ADE, Spectre, or something else.
2. If it is Spectre printing the message, is it PSS, PAC or something else?

Printing Nil-Nil to identify an error makes it sounds like an internal error produced by ADE, which suggests that maybe you did not set something you should have. You might want look around. If you cannot find anything, you might want to talk to Cadence. Unless this is known problem with a known workaround, it is hard for other users to help you with an internal error.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: pss and pac analysis for chopper stabilized op-amp
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2017, 9:44am

Perhaps you didn't save the signals used in the result calculation? It's hard to tell from the little information you provided, as Ken says...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.