The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:49am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rppd in cadence (Read 3570 times)
VK

Germany
rppd in cadence
May 16th, 2017, 9:31am

Hello,
I am currently working in IHP technology SG13G2 0.6.1. I am designing a clock regenerator circuit. I am using rppd's in my design to replace the ideal resistors. I am new to this. I don't know, how Imax is calculated within the rppd properties. Could anyone tell me how to solve this issue. Help is appreciated.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: rppd in cadence
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2017, 1:33pm

What are rppds?

Why do you care what Imax is? Are you getting some warning about it and you think it may be affecting your results?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
VK

Germany
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2017, 2:01am

No, the problem is I don't know what values to give for the rppd ressitance (R) since I need them according to the change in the base current of the transistors. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2017, 8:28am

Again I ask: what are rppd's?

Imax for resistors is often calculated in mA per unit width, so you'd need to know something about the width, not just the resistance.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.