The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Jul 21st, 2017, 9:34pm
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Test schematic using verilogams testbench (Read 189 times)
edstrom

Test schematic using verilogams testbench
May 12th, 2017, 2:54am

I have a testbench written in verilogAMS for a CMOS integrator. Simulator ams.  As long as I run with pure verilog-A, verilogams, verliog models it works. When i try to simulate the integrator as a schematic, the simulation fails with errors of the following kind
ncvlog: *E,EXPENM (./netlist.vams,957|0): expecting the keyword 'endmodule' [12.1(IEEE)].
     module 3324d3.m.RES_POLY:schematic

It does make sense, it seems to read the resistor as a model and expects the keyword "endmodule" at the end, but since its defined as a schematic in the configuration view, it doesnt find it.

Is it possible to verify schematics using a testbench written in verilogams? In that case, any idea of any simulator setting that i might need to enable to get it working?

View Profile   IP Logged
AMS_ei
Community Member

Re: Test schematic using verilogams testbench
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2017, 12:02am

Hi,

Create an amscf.scs file and keep it with irun command line.
Your amscf.scs file may look like this:
//============================//
amsd{

portmap subckt=RES_POLY
        config cell=RES_POLY use=spice

}
//============================//

include the library in which RES_POLY is defined.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2014 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: QuantiPhy.