The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:06am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating a symbol from scs file (Read 58 times)
balshoy

USA
Creating a symbol from scs file
May 11th, 2017, 4:58pm

I have a veriglog A model for a device. Earlier, I used to create a symbol from the verilogA model directly and all values preceded by "parameter" in the code would show directly in the CDF list of the symbol.

Now, I have an scs file that includes the verilogA model in it. I want to be able to create a symbol for that scs file and be able to include the scs file from ADL (model setup)?

Can someone help with that?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Creating a symbol from scs file
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2017, 9:57am

You also posted this on the Cadence Community Forums here: https://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/38/t/37314 and it was answered.

That said, in recent IC617 ISRs (ISR9 onwards) you can create a spectreText view and it will parse the subckt header and create the view-specific CDF so that you can view switch into the text view and it will include the text into the netlist, and ensure that any instance line has the terminals in the right order.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017, 4:30am

Hi Andrew,

This sounds very interesting. I just searched Cadence Online Support to find out more about this. Unfortunately, I did not find any documentation about this feature. On the other hand, I found article number 20286246 (https://support.cadence.com/apex/ArticleAttachmentPortal?id=a1Od0000000uKRXEA2)
stating that the spectreText view is not yet supported by the Hierarchy Editor and the netlisters. Could you please comment on this?

Best regards,
Frank

Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2017, 10:34am

Hi Frank,

I have a little action in my to-do list to go through the various published articles and update them to reflect the new functionality. Essentially all you have to do in current ISRs is to create the "Spectre" or "Spice" view type, and then when you "check and save" them, it will create everything needed to simulate with that view (by view switching from HED or from the view list in the Setup->Environment form in ADE). You'll get syntax checking in the text editor too...

Anyway, I'll try to move it up my to-do list so that this gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.