The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:41am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Veriloga module for current mode passive mixer (Read 2412 times)
chethan_RFIC

chennai
Veriloga module for current mode passive mixer
Apr 28th, 2017, 4:21am

hi all,

I am tying to design Veriloga current mode passive mixer. but i do have some doubts in this. i need to get a in put as current and multiply it with LO voltage. but the gain which is given in voltage quantity.

when i am getting output equation with non linearity.
a = I(in)*V(LO)
I(out) = alpha1*a - alpha2*a*a - alpha3 * a*a*a
here alpha1, alpha2, alpha3 are calculated with voltage gain, can i multiply current 'a' with alpha in current output.

please help me

thanks
chethan

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Veriloga module for current mode passive mixer
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2017, 5:56am

chethan_RFIC wrote on Apr 28th, 2017, 4:21am:
can i multiply current 'a' with alpha in current output.

Do you mean, is it legal (in the Verilog-A language) to do the multiplication? Yes.

If you are asking if your equation matches the way the voltage gain quantity was provided, I don't think we have enough information on how that gain was provided/measured.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
chethan_RFIC

chennai
Re: Veriloga module for current mode passive mixer
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2017, 2:46am

Thanks for reply. i know that multiplication works in veriloga language. But need any example are tutorials on current mode passive mixers and its linearity Definition in  current mode.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.