The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feedthrough and DC offset problems in  Current mode passive mixer (Read 880 times)
chethan_RFIC

chennai
Feedthrough and DC offset problems in  Current mode passive mixer
Apr 26th, 2017, 7:45am

hi,

I am trying to design a Current mode passive mixer with ideal LNA(Transconductor) smal signal  model at input of  mixer(MOS switch) and TIA( transimpedance amplifier) small signalmodel at mixer output. i simulated this circuit with cadence virtuoso. I got gain, noise figure, linearity verified for mixer.

But when i tried to simulate LO to RF feed through which is causing the DC offset some interesting questions are coming in mind. input to the mixer is current and output also current. but LO to RF feed through is voltage. when mixer mixing current what happens  to feed through voltage. how to measure the feed through, and DC offset caused by this.

one thing i understood is we cannot use the same procedure which is used for finding feed through in voltage mode passive or active mixer.

If any one good in this concept. Please help me.

Thanks
chethan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.