The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 2:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Startup time in bandgap refernces (Read 2437 times)
analogy

Startup time in bandgap refernces
Feb 07th, 2017, 12:29pm

What should be the rise-time of a bandgap circuit with an enable pin? Should I be worried if for certain rise times to the enable pin of a bandgap reference I see bizarre startup behavior?

Let me know if I need to further clarify my question.
Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: Startup time in bandgap refernces
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2017, 11:51am

Bizarre is never good. It tells you that there is something unintended.

Otherwise the settling requirement depends on the applciation and the circuitry connected to the bandgap. Can't be said anything in general. Ask your tutor/boss about it.

View Profile   IP Logged
analogy

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2017, 12:06pm

Thank you tzg6sa!

Quote:
Otherwise the settling requirement depends on the applciation and the circuitry connected to the bandgap

Could you elaborate on some of the applications based on your experiences? Let's say that you have a bandgap reference - now do you directly connect bandgap output to current mirrors? And if so, do you have to worry about sink/source circuit's impedance (and that impedance affecting start-up response of bandgap)?

View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2017, 4:15am

You should know what you are doing and why you are doing so. No one designs a circuit without any idea how it will be used later.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.