The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Nov 18th, 2017, 9:31am
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noise considerations in Testing of High-resolution Signal Acquisition system (Read 647 times)
jdp
Community Member

Noise considerations in Testing of High-resolution Signal Acquisition system
Jan 11th, 2017, 10:44pm

Hi.

For testing of an integrated high-resolution Signal Acquisition system, intuition tells that one should employ a signal generator (to feed the i/p test signal to the system) having very low noise of its own.

Is this indeed how the performance of such high-resolution (~20 bits) acquisition systems are measured? ( I need to measure the o/p SNR)

Are such low-noise signal generators at all available?

Any idea in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

-- jdp
View Profile   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Re: Noise considerations in Testing of High-resolution Signal Acquisition system
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2017, 12:19am

Hi

As far as I know, such generators are available. But if it for testing purpose, there are very sharp band-pass filters available for various frequencies, which can be used to further clean up the signal generators.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble viewing this site? Copyright © 2002-2014 Designer's Guide Consulting. 'Designer's Guide' is a registered trademark of Designer's Guide LLC. All rights reserved.

Our colleges are not as safe as they seem. Sexual assault is pervasive and the treatment of the victim by the adminstration is often as damaging as the assault: Campus Survivors, Campus Survivors Forum.

Some of our other sites that you might find useful: QuantiPhy.