The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:54am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VCO based ADC signal transfer function (Read 991 times)
polyam
Community Member

VCO based ADC signal transfer function
Jan 11th, 2017, 6:30am

Hello,

I've implemented a VCO-based ADC in Virtuoso. It consists of a 7-stage ring oscillator. The ring oscillator output phases are sampled with 7bit register and finally the sampled output phases are differentiated by 7-stage differentiator. I attached the schematic of my design. It has a pseudo-differential structure. Each path has a VCO, 1st DFF as a phase sampler and  2nd DFF followed by the Xor is the differentiator.

Having had above brief, I want to extract the signal transfer function (Gain and phase Vs. frequency) of the above structure. To be clear, I want to see the low-pass behavior of the VCO (like a continuous-time integrator 1/s), frequency behavior of the differentiator and also frequency behavior of the overall structure (superposition).

Would you please let me know what kind of simulation I have to do to extract this info from my design in Virtuoso? I am using IC616.

Many thanks

screen.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.