The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 15th, 2024, 10:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DC Simulation using verilog AMS in config view (Read 2213 times)
Lavanya

Hyderabad
DC Simulation using verilog AMS in config view
Dec 01st, 2016, 2:00am

I am using cadence virtuoso version 6.1.6-64b.500.4, in that verilog AMS view is used. After code is entered in the AMS code window, symbol has been created, for simulation schematic test bench and config view for the same test bench has been created . Generally, in verilog AMS module in the port list we will give input and output terminals and if we want transient analysis, from ADE window, we choose analysis->trans->stop time->enable->outputs to be plotted->select on design->we will select input and output pins, then a graph window pops up. Here input and output pins are the terminals that we give in port list in the code. Now the problem is, suppose if i want a plot for the expression which is used in the code where for that expression the terminals are not defined in the port list to select while outputs to be plotted. what is the solution for this, and how can i plot the graph. For example, port list is module xxx(T1,T2,x) and the expression used in the code is R=V/I; How to plot the graph between R and V.(R on y-axis and V on x-axis)

View Profile   IP Logged
AMS_ei
Community Member

Re: DC Simulation using verilog AMS in config view
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2017, 9:42am

Hi Lavanya,

You could easily achieve it by creating a probe.tcl file. Typical example of such file is shown below:
----------example of probe.tcl file---------------
database -open waves -into waves.shm -default
probe -create testbench -depth all -shm -waveform
run
exit
---------end of probe.tcl file----------------------

You can give it to irun with the following option: -input probe.tcl

This will create a waveform database called waves.shm and you can open this database with simvision by typing the following command:

simvision waves.shm &

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.