The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:54pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verilog A for IP encryption (Read 2524 times)
engrvip

Verilog A for IP encryption
Nov 19th, 2016, 5:41pm

Hi

My requirement is that i want to encrypt my analog IP say opamp before sending to external customer for simulation with his system.

Can VERILOG-AMS help me in thi application. Or is their some other way to achieve this kind of functionality.

Regards
Vipul

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Verilog A for IP encryption
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2016, 5:10am

Verilog-AMS does not have encryption in the standard.  There was a company that allowed you to deliver compiled Verilog-A modules to customers to provide some level of IP protection; however, Tiburon was acquired by Mentor (which may be acquired by Siemens), so I don't know the status of that feature.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Verilog A for IP encryption
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2016, 11:19am

Various simulators (such as Cadence AMS Designer and Spectre) do support encryption (e.g. using ncprotect or spectre_encrypt - I think that's the tool name from memory; I don't have access to the software right now) - other simulators do too. However, these encryption methods will only work within the same family of simulators (so you couldn't expect Cadence encrypted data to work in Mentor or Synopsys simulators or any other way around).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.