The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 10:19am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
High-Vt (Read 1125 times)
asorab

High-Vt
Nov 06th, 2016, 11:20am

Howdy people! How to implement High-Vt mos in TSMC 0.18um tech?

View Profile   IP Logged
kemiyun

Re: High-Vt
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2016, 9:06pm

It's been a while since I've used 0.18um but there should be a separate model most likely named nmos_hvt or something, I even forgot the naming convention unfortunately. But in the process documents there is actually a list of available devices which is exactly what you should read. It will also direct you to the correct models you should use for the device you want to use high Vt device in this case.

If you mean to ask how they're implemented in layout, there's actually a layer that specifies the Vt of devices as far as I remember. Again refer to device truth table for the name of the layer.

If you're asking how the Vt is adjusted, that's not my expertise but as far as I know ion implantation is the most commonly used method, you can read more about it online.

View Profile   IP Logged
vroy_92

Leuven, Belgium
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2016, 10:48am

I think it will pch_hvt_mac or nch_hvt_mac.

Regards,
V Roy
View Profile   IP Logged
asorab

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2016, 3:23am

Thank you for your response guys. I highly appreciate it.

View Profile   IP Logged
asorab

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2016, 9:33am

I use nmosvt2v and pmosvt2v but it shows error. It says "model name is missing..".

View Profile   IP Logged
Abdullah

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2017, 9:56am

Are you getting this error while simulating your circuit? if so, add the mos.scs to the ADE model library.

View Profile   IP Logged
A.D.J

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2017, 1:16pm

You can check the TSMC 0.18um PDK folder. There is a doc folder including the model description file. The list of MOSFETs provided by the PDK should be written.

---
adj
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.