The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ngspice problems (Read 3565 times)
kiltanen

ngspice problems
Sep 30th, 2016, 1:04am

I'm running ngspice in batch mode and have following commands in my netlist
.AC LIN 10000 950e3 1300000
.PLOT AC VM(no6)

I get following error: Note: No ".plot", ".print", or ".fourier" lines; no simulations run

How can I fix this?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: ngspice problems
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2016, 11:25am

Could it be as simple as needing to have the .plot before the .ac?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
kiltanen

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2016, 10:26am

I finally got got the simulation running after I fixed the issues with the netlist, but the simulation shows that ac magnitude in nodes no5 and no6 is zero. I'm attaching my netlist files in single package so someone might be able to say what is wrong with the model.  I use following command to run the simulation: ngspice -b -o rspice.log resonaattorit.cir

View Profile   IP Logged
Holger

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2016, 8:54am

Node no4 has a DC source connected to ground. During AC simulation (small signal simulation) DC current sources are opened, DC voltage sources are short circuited.

Holger

View Profile   IP Logged
kiltanen

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2016, 11:24am

the dc-source is used as bias voltage to linearize the transducers, is this possible ac analysis? how can i get the signal going though the subcircuit kytketyt_resonaattorit instead of the bias resistors? is there possibly something with the voltage controlled capacitance in NormalTransducer subcircuit? Also there is mistake in the netlist as the eta parameter of components Xs1-4 should be infinity not the same than in Xr1-4 components.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.