The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Generating and using components in for-loops in spice (Read 1525 times)
kiltanen

Generating and using components in for-loops in spice
Sep 22nd, 2016, 10:55am

I have a model that has MxN components connected to each other with another component in lateral and horizontal directions, which I want to simulate with Spice. As M and N get many different values the components and their connections have to be generated with a for-loop or equivalent solution. How can system to be realized in Spice, can components and nodes placed into vector or is somekind systematical naming scheme required? A diagram of network attached.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Generating and using components in for-loops in spice
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016, 7:37am

I've seen schematic interfaces that allow "iterated components" where you can use vector notation for them (and the nodes connected to their terminals).  But I think these are expanded into a "systematical naming scheme" that you mention.

You might be able to do something with the generate statement in Verilog-AMS, if your simulator supports that.

Otherwise, I think you'll have to write a script that generates your netlist, and then you might as well come up with a naming scheme, in case your Spice simulator doesn't like vectors.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.