The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:11am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LNA SP simulation (Read 1964 times)
baohulu
Community Member

china
LNA SP simulation
Jul 13th, 2016, 7:35pm

hi, all
 when I simulate a LNA with input port 50ohm and output port 50ohm, so sp sim. then the results main form has NFmin, Gmin. the Gmin description in the spectre is
Gmin: optimum source noise reflection coefficient at NFmin
thus, I think it is (zopt-zs)/(zopt+zs),
when I change the matching network (simple L type or pi type), NFmin has the same curve, but Gmin is changed with the matching network. I can't understand this change. if it is the reflection coefficient at NFmin, it will keep the same if the NFmin is not changed. right?
is there any wrong about my opinion?

View Profile   IP Logged
dog1
Community Member

Re: LNA SP simulation
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2016, 9:11am

Hello baohulu,

Sorry for my late reply.

my understanding is like this:
Gmin is related to the port impedance you choose, Zs, and the input impedance at NFmin, Zopt. While NFmin is only the minimal noise figure. NFmin unchanged doesn't mean that Zopt is not changed.

NFmin changes with the input refer current source and the input refer voltage source (and their correlations) in the picture. When the matching network change, if it is noiseless, then NFmin will not change, only Zopt will be shifted. This is because for each frequency, you can always find a shift in source impedance to counter-act the change in the matching network, and arrive at the NFmin. And because your Zopt now change but Zs=50ohms not, your Gmin now changes.

temp.jpeg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.