The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forum activity and other communities? (Read 2535 times)
physixer

Forum activity and other communities?
Jun 26th, 2016, 1:01pm

Hello, I joined this forum about two years ago and made a post (on July 3, 2014 to be precise). My post received replies and I'm appreciative of that. Thanks. Smiley

At the moment my post can be seen at the top of the 2nd page. Meaning for the last about 24 months, this forum accumulated 1 page worth of new posts. (Although in all fairness, I'm partly responsible for this too, since I only made one post in the last two years. Sad )

I'm wondering if this is because semiconductor modeling is a very small community (I doubt it is this small), or that not a lot of people know about this website and probably hang out in much larger numbers somewhere else.

I found out about this website from tcadcentral.com. However many other links that I followed over there are dead or not updated in a long time. That means tcadcentral.com is not up-to-date with online semiconductor modeling communities.

I would appreciate if anyone can share any other communities which are a lot more active in the topic of semiconductor-modelling (especially un-affiliated, open-source-favoring, etc). Please feel free to share any other comments. Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2016, 6:27pm by physixer »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Forum activity and other communities?
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2016, 8:10am

I suspect most semiconductor physicists are either
a) in a research group at a university, and discuss everything with other members of their own research group or lab
b) students in a class, discussing with other students and teaching assistants
c) at a private company, and reluctant to discuss proprietary information, or visiting here as a hobby/service to younger researchers

Semiconductor modeling isn't something that amateurs can tinker around with in their basements.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.