The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:53pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reduced simulation speed of 'only analog' blocks in cadence AMS Vs Spectre (Read 1846 times)
ananya

Reduced simulation speed of 'only analog' blocks in cadence AMS Vs Spectre
May 30th, 2016, 7:57pm

Hello!

I am simulating a continuous time sigma delta ADC in cadence virtuoso and AMS environment. I am trying AMS simulator  as i am going to add a few digital blocks on the go. However, i noticed that the same schematic runs too slow with an AMS environment.This is the case, if i operate the ADC with a dual supply. With a single supply, simulation speed is equivalent in both.

Could anyone suggest something?

With regards,
Ananya

View Profile   IP Logged
ananya

Re: Reduced simulation speed of 'only analog' blocks in cadence AMS Vs Spectre
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2016, 11:10pm

I found out the issue. In the view list of config view, my default order was veriloga,..., schematic. There were a few veriloga blocks in the system which were getting preference over schematic. In the veriloga model, 0 and 1.8V numbers were mentioned. This was causing problem when I used dual supply(+/-0.9V).
But, spectre, by default choses all schematic views.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.