The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:56pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pss confusion (Read 1809 times)
exp

pss confusion
Jan 25th, 2016, 8:25pm

Hi,

I have a downconversion receiver consisting of an LNTA, passive current mode mixer driven by fLO=2.2GHz and ideal current sink (a port). Bandwidth is 700MHz (i.e. 1.85G - 2.55G). At baseband (I/Q) this would be -350 MHz ... 350 MHz (or 0...700 MHz). However, currently I am only using the I branch. Hence it should just be symmetric.

For pss, I set hb engine with 2.2G beat frequency and number of harmonics: 13

Now I would like to measure the gain of the LNTA. For this reason I need to measure the current at the sink port at baseband and divide it by the voltage of the LNTA input at RF (and multiply by pi/2 to account for the conversion loss of the passive mixer). Hence I set up a relative sweep from -350 MHz to 350 MHz and relative harmonic -1.

My question: Is this correct?

In the next step, I want to check the S11 of the system at RF. Hence I set up psp with sweeptype absolute from 1.85G to 2.55G (harmonic 0). Is this correct?

And finally, the noise figure with pnoise: I use again a relative sweep with relative harmonic -1 and sweep from 1k to 700MHz. The reference side band is set to -1.

Is this correct?

View Profile   IP Logged
asu2011

Re: pss confusion
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2016, 12:09am

hello exp

i wanna to know your setup is correct?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.