The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 9:15am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HDL source code for NPN & PNP transostors (Read 3134 times)
loumbut5

Kenya
HDL source code for NPN & PNP transostors
Dec 05th, 2015, 12:15pm

Hi, does anyone know where I can get verilog/vhdl source code for NPN and PNP transistors?

I am specifically looking for a design where the current can flow in both directions i.e. the collector and emitter can switch places if the flow of current requires it.

The best example of what I mean comes from the NPN, PNP models in Circuit Simulator v1.5n

Thanks for your help.

View Profile loumbut51   IP Logged
loumbut5

Kenya
Re: HDL source code for NPN & PNP transostors
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2015, 3:57am

Hi, I managed to decompile the jar file Circuit Simulator v1.5n in order to get the source codes for  the NPN, PNP transistors. I then converted the code to C++ which I then intend to convert to HDL to see if it will suit my purposes. Anyway I have attached the resulting C++ source code and am asking if the code when converted to HDL will have the characteristics I require. Any help is highly appreciated.

View Profile loumbut51   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: HDL source code for NPN & PNP transostors
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2016, 6:32am

There are Verilog-A descriptions of a few standard BJT models (Hicum, Mextram, VBIC) available on the web, and they are open source.

If you're looking for basic Gummel-Poon, I don't know if there's an open-source version available.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.