The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Relationship between phase jitter and K-cycle jitter. (Read 2469 times)
Homer

Relationship between phase jitter and K-cycle jitter.
Sep 16th, 2015, 10:21am

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the phase jitter of a VCO within certain integration frequency range. And it seems there is no direct phase jitter result could be plot in pnoise simulation. But there is K-cycle period jitter. So if I increase K number untill the jitter number doesn't change anymore, can I think this K-cycle jitter is the phase jitter?

I need this number for a Serdes jitter budget. Normally I will use a spreadsheet to calculate the phase jitter of which the input is phase noise result of pnoise simulation.  But I do want get this number from spectre directly.

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Relationship between phase jitter and K-cycle jitter.
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2015, 2:37am

If you are simulating with noisetype=pmjitter, then Jee might be what you are looking for. Jc for large k values should be the same as Jee multiplied by sqrt(2) (because the duration of a period is influenced by two edges).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.