The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Charge Pump Model (Read 2753 times)
Edjrodj

Belgrade
Charge Pump Model
Jul 06th, 2015, 6:40am

Hi,
I am new to Verilog-AMS. I am trying to learn it as much as I can, so I strted writing model for charge pump. Can You pls tell me, how to implement noise and missmatch in it?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Charge Pump Model
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2015, 7:20am

Verilog-AMS allows you to model your circuits at various levels of abstraction: high-level behavioral level to transistor level.  What sort of a model do you want?

Similarly, Verilog-AMS is also supported by various simulators with different "noise" algorithms: spice small-signal noise, transient noise, even I think some specialized noise algorithms for oscillators.  Unless you tell us more about your application, I don't think we can give you specific suggestions.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Edjrodj

Belgrade
Re: Charge Pump Model
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2015, 7:50am

Ok, I have finished schematic design for charge pump, and I performed simulations (on transistor level). I got results for noise, current mismatch, amplitude and phase but I don't know how to include those parameters in my verilog ams model. I have written the basic ideal model but I want to get verilog ams with performance as close to schematic design as possible.

Regards.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.