The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cut off frequency of a pair of coupled strips in RTWO (Read 1458 times)
Kyle

cut off frequency of a pair of coupled strips in RTWO
Apr 23rd, 2015, 7:16am

Hi everyone , I'm recently interested in RTWO(rotary traveling wave oscillator). According to a thesis, the coupled strips are used in the circuits structure, and oscillation frequency can be calculated as follows,
fosc=Vphase/(2N*l),
l is the distance between two transistors, N represents  the cross coupled pairs or the inverters. However, the author provided a formula for the cut off frequency,
fc= Vphase/(pi*l)

So the my questions are,
1.why there will be a cut off frequency in coupled strips?
2.how to calculate the cut off frequency in coupled strips and why is the above equation?
3.why people use coupled strips in the RTWO rather than just transmission lines? Since the even propagation mode is the one we try to avoid , can we insert a ground strip between the two strips to decrease the coupling? I don't think the coupling between contribute any positive effects to the oscillation.  

if you have any suggestions or thoughts about these problems, please leave a message, thank you very much!

RTWO.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.