The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using components from Technology Library in verilog A module (Read 483 times)
king28

Using components from Technology Library in verilog A module
Apr 06th, 2015, 8:21am

Hello everyone,

I want to instantiate a NMOS transistor from my technology library inside a verilog AMS module. This is needed because I am trying to modify the characteristics of transistor externally using some other devices for which model does not exist. So I write IV characteristics in a file and use that in verilog A. Now I need to instantiate a NMOS transistor as well inside the verilog A module. How can I do that?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Using components from Technology Library in verilog A module
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2015, 10:45am

The Verilog-AMS Language Reference Manual, Annex E Spice Compatibility, discusses instantiating Spice elements in a Verilog-AMS module.  Beyond that, you'd have to check with your simulator vendor to see if there is any special setting necessary for this to work -- how does the simulator resolve instances inside modules?  I've seen resistors inside modules, but I can't say I've ever seen an NMOS instantiated this way.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.