The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:33pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Differential LNA (Read 2014 times)
repah
Community Member

Differential LNA
Mar 26th, 2015, 9:12pm

Hello,

I am designing a differential CMOS LNA with a 60ohm differential source impedance and a 200ohm output impedance.

When I am sizing by devices and doing simulations, what impedance should I use in Cadence's ports ?  Should I design a half of the differential LNA and then add the other half ?  What approach is best ?

Any advice or resources would be helpful.

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Differential LNA
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2015, 2:55pm

You should use an ideal balun at the input and output to decompose the input and output into separate differential and common-mode components and drive them separately. You said the input source has a 60Ω differential source impedance, so make the port connected to the differential port of the input balun 60Ω. You will also need to connect something to the common-mode port to model the common-mode source impedance. Do the same for the output.

See A test bench for differential circuits for further details.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.