The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:50am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
setting an initial voltage for a VeriologA capacitor (Read 4015 times)
rosadellavita

setting an initial voltage for a VeriologA capacitor
Nov 24th, 2014, 11:55am

Dear all,
I have a question regarding setting the initial voltage for a node in VerilogA, I created a VerilogA capacitor and connected it to my circuit and I want to set the initial voltage of this capacitor depends on the status of another signal, if that signal is 1 V so the initial voltage should be 1, if not the initial voltage should be 0. I know that I can set the ic from the Spectre simulation but I'm looking to control its status through the VerilogA code.
I tried to do it through @(initial_step) but it doesn't work!
Any idea?
Thank you in advance,
Rosa

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: setting an initial voltage for a VeriologA capacitor
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2014, 1:22am

Rosadellavita,
what did you try? Note these hints.
- B O E
PS: for tran simulation, you need to define the initial conditions in the dc/ic simulation.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: setting an initial voltage for a VeriologA capacitor
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2015, 1:06pm

I suspect you have a problem with value retention (look in the LRM); if you contribute a voltage V(t,b) in the initial_step but then contribute a current I(t,b) in the main body, then the current contribution wins.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.