The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
QRC simulation problem (Read 4069 times)
adelaid

QRC simulation problem
Sep 25th, 2014, 12:54am

Hello,

I am trying to simulate in virtuoso the QRC - RC coupled extracted view of the input stage of my circuit. For the output stage I didnt have any problem. For the input stage, the extraction works well, and I get the extracted view, but when trying to simulate I get this message, and the simulation doesnt bring any result. The config view gets all wrong as well and it can only access this estimated view that it creates. What might be the problem?

Thank you,

qrc_problem.png
View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: QRC simulation problem
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2014, 1:37am

Adelaid,
which Parasitic/LDE mode did you select? How did you select the extracted?
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
adelaid

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2014, 1:46am

I generated for the input stage a QRC_RC_extracted view. Then in the config view of the testbench I select this view. But then after starting the simulation, in the config view that I created it chantes and instead of taking the "schematic view" of my test, it takes this "estimated view" that it created.

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2014, 2:11am

Adelaid,
the standard method for extracted sim is to use Parastic/LDE setup to define the extracted you want to use and change the Parasitc/LDE mode to extracted.
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.