The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:06pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
current relation center tapped symmetric differential inductor (Read 1682 times)
mixed_signal

current relation center tapped symmetric differential inductor
Aug 26th, 2014, 7:23am

Hi,

I have a center tapped symmetric differential inductor whose both inductors are tuned out. I have injected current I1 in one branch and want to know I2 induced in another branch(mutual inductance/coupling). How is I1 and I2 and their phases related theoretically?

Drawing1_007.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: current relation center tapped symmetric differential inductor
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2014, 7:22pm

Hi,

since university days I've always wondered about the equation Vp/Vs = Is/Ip (where s and p are secondary and primary). It seems to be only true when ωL >> Rload, so I don't know how it made it into text books.

In answer to your question, assuming k = 1, and Q = ∞, Vs/Vp is determined by the turns ratio. For the current, it completely depends on the loading. You can use knowledge of the voltage across the secondary winding to calculate the current through the other components on the secondary side. Also, the law of conservation of energy will of course apply, so at resonance, the input power will be real, and the power in will equal to the power dissipated in the resistors.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.