The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:08pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3.3 V to 1.8V level converter (Read 4653 times)
aman gupta
Community Member

India
3.3 V to 1.8V level converter
Aug 10th, 2014, 8:37am

I want to convert a square wave with high level of 3.3 V & low level of 0V to a square wave of high level of 1.8 V and low level 0V. Frequency of square wave is 1 MHz in one case and 25 MHz in other case. I have the circuit for the converter as shown in the figure. I simulated this circuit both in LT Spice & Tina. The circuit simulation is working for 1MHz signal but with some delay. And it is not working for 25 MHz. May be because switching time of BJT is high as compared to period of the signal. Suggest some alternative for that or any modification in the circuit. And also I am reluctant to use any SMD level translator IC.

Untitled_032.png
View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: 3.3 V to 1.8V level converter
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2014, 2:14am

Hello,
Try to check opamp closed loop bandwidth or please show 3 node signals....

or thy this structure which is very common for LV to HV...

Thanks,
Raj.

Untitled_033.png
View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: 3.3 V to 1.8V level converter
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2015, 11:59am

If this is a CMOS IC, you can just use I/O transistors in an inverter configuration. In your circuit, the 22k/15k ohm resistors could be limiting your bandwidth...

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.